Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Kellan Lutz Gets Real!!

In an interview with The Advocate Kellan Lutz addressed a topic a lot of actors, people and politicians tend to avoid: Homosexuality. Kellan Lutz says he never really paid attention to who was gay when he was growing up.
"Even in high school, I had friends that I didn't know were gay until years later," he says in an interview with The Advocate. "I'd find out on Facebook or something and be like, 'Oh, that explains some things,' or 'Wow, no wonder they were so cool.' ... Suddenly, all this stuff started clicking, and everything made sense: Some guys I thought were just friends aren't just friends! That's the day my gaydar finally kicked in. We're still the best of friends to this day. Now I have some really close friends who are gay."

And the beefcakey Twilight actor knows he's got gay fans.
"Oh, they're the best. I love them. When I meet gay fans out and about, they're so great to talk to - and I'm big on hugging, because I'm from the Midwest. They're just so energetic and loving. I'm proud to have those fans, and their support means a lot to me. I don't want just girls coming to my movies; I want guys to come too."
What about rumors that he's gay?
"I don't Google myself, but I've heard that people think I'm gay. I've heard it all. See, I don't really go after girls. Most of the girlfriends I've had have come after me. So it's really funny when girls get offended because I don't hit on them. They'll transform their insecurity into, 'Oh, that makes sense, because I heard you're into guys and have a boyfriend.' I'm like, 'Seriously? That's your tactic to get me to like you?' There will always be rumors, but I know who I am."

No comments:

Post a Comment